Friday, December 17, 2010

Snails, River Walk & Foot Races

Went on a bike ride for a pre-dinner snack. Was told we were going for oysters, or something along those lines. Quynh rode on the back, so we arrived safely.

Didn't take long to realize that the oysters were snails. Quynh's little cousin, Tom, gave us instructions on how to eat them.... I'm a good learner. They, like just about everything else I've had so far, were really good.

After we ate we dropped Tom off at church for dance practice before his Christmas performance. The rest of us went on a walk to visit family and check out the area by the river. It's really pretty here at night. Drank a tiger beer on the walk.... have to take advantage of a place with no open container laws. Favorite spot was probably the area where they sell lanterns. Took a lot of pictures.... I'm taller than most of the people I meet.

Tom met up with us and raced me to where we parked our bikes. I lost... my breath.

Came back home and waited for dinner to be ready. Tom was playing games on his dad's new iPad instead of using learning apps..... I didn't tell on him (he was letting me play too). Drank more Vietnamese Red Wine and ate some really good chicken with lime leaves... Full.

Going to bed now.... need to rest up before my morning massage.

PS- Moped's fixed
Tour guide teaching us how to eat escargot

Fried bananas for dessert

Yes, I'm concerned.... can't cause a child's death 

Family Photo

Love the lanterns

Sittin' by the river

Like new

6 comments:

  1. So... is Tom the little one in the yellow? Can't wait to see pics from the Christmas program! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo glad y'all are having fun!!! It looks amazing!! I can't wait to hear all about it from y'all when you get back!

    Grant has a quick question for you two: How do you say "dollah" in Vietnamese-- as in dollar bill??

    Love y'all!!!
    xoxox
    B & G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eric--- side note: I'm eating at fat matts right now. But I haven't consumed enough ribs to cause me to hurl behind the buildig yet. Wish you were here! Love ya and miss ya...
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very pleased that you feel you can't kill a child. Love the lantern pictures; makes me want to visit. Glad that the moped is fixed. Hope Quynh continues to ride on the back.

    Mostly, just miss you and love you lots. Can't wait to see all the pictures when you get back.

    Ma

    ReplyDelete
  5. you guys look like your eating your way to fat land. e man did you try fishing yet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. e man are you getting my post?????????

    ReplyDelete