Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shared Post

Quynh again... just thought that I'd do a little add-in before Eric's post 
Another wonderful day in Hoi An with LOTS of eating. Yikes! I think I've gained so much weight already, but all definitely worth it! Unfortunately, the weather is unpredictable here, and it was on and off again rain showers so we were not able to go to the beach, but instead visited every relative I had here... which was a lot more fun than it sounds! (at least for me... Poor Eric has to sit through tons of gibberish and a few translations in between) Again, I am blown away by how beautiful Hoi An is!  Anyway, pictures today are awesome so take look! I take full credit for all the pictures :)

YOU CAN IGNORE WHAT'S ABOVE... ERIC IS TALKING NOW:

The nap was good, but would have been better without Quynh's attempts at conversation. 
After I shook the cobwebs we went to walk around the city, and made the requisite stops at every family member's house. It's been rainy and windy today, and probably only got up to about 60 degrees. We went to a bubble tea spot where the youth of the city seem to hang out... I sat at a table that was about as high as my ankle, then went to the market where Quynh's mom used to work and her aunt still does. 

Lots of dogs here... some are pets.

We went to have dinner at Quynh's aunt's house again. While it was being prepared I helped fix the ceiling of the front porch. After doing more damage to the ceiling of the front porch I went next door to Quynh's uncles restaurant to interrupt a cooking class he was teaching... Bob from Oregon and his son Brandon didn't seem to mind. They got me a beer.

Dinner was as Com Ga (chicken and rice). It was awesome. I really set a dangerous precedent yesterday with the amount of food I ate, and had to live up to that standard again tonight. I'll need two seats on the flight home if I keep it up.

Back at Quynh's aunt's house now (it seems that every house I go to is Quynh's aunt's house... not sure of how to clarify it any more than that, though).... I'm hearing that we might be going to eat some more.

Us with Quynh's aunt and uncle... He loves the Beatles, the Eagles and Eric Clapton

The Outside of Quynh's aunt's house (not the same as above)


Bubble tea... the table is so short that they look tall

Still bossing me around

Quynh's aunt and her shop at the market

Plate 1 of 2... I'm getting fat

1 comment:

  1. your mom said she liked "still bossing me around " picture...

    ReplyDelete