Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Coming to America...

Took our bus back to Saigon... long drive.
Sleeper? Bus

Beds on the (Lack of) Sleeper Bus were too small, so I took a long nap after we checked in to the hotel.
View from the hotel



Woke up when Quynh's aunt and cousin stopped by to take us to breakfast. We went to the big market in Saigon and Quynh bought a bunch of snack foods. I bought Bun Bo Hue... only had one bowl.
Bun Bo Hue in the market


Took another nap after the market, then Quynh's cousin, Tong, took us to a cool lunch spot for the biggest ban xeo I've ever seen. Ate too much and went home to sleep it off.
Giant Ban Xeo


Found a scale the other day and realized that I've gained 8 pounds since arriving in Vietnam... Probably need to declare a New Year's resolution.

Woke up after my second food coma of the day to go have dinner with Tong and Thuong. We went to a cool place that specializes in Hue food, but presents everything in a really fancy way... really good stuff.
Don't pay attention to the Chubby one in yellow

more food... cool presentation

Leaving Vietnam tonight... going to miss it... Really going to miss Hoi An.

Lots of flying to do... 6.5 hours to Tokyo, 10.5 hours to Seattle, 6 hours home to Atlanta.... Bought a copy of "The Quiet American" off a street vendor the other night.... lots of typos and some of the pages haven't been cut. I'll be reading that during my travels.

I'll probably update  a couple more times... probably in Japan, then once I get home... mainly because we're at 1,967 views on this blog and I really want to get up to 2,000.


-

1 comment:

  1. When do you expect to land in atl? I'd love to come down to atl, have a beer and review pics w you and Quynh! Let me know! Love you, travel safe!

    ReplyDelete