Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shopped.... Dropped

Woke up this morning around 7:30 on my own.... Went with Quyhn's aunt to have some Pho for breakfast... so good I had to get a second bowl.
Went back home and waited for Trang to get out of her final exam... Around 9:30 we went souvenir shopping. Got a lot of really cool stuff... No, it's not for you.

Beautiful day.... about 80, sunny with a breeze...

After we shopped we went to her aunt's house for some Mi Quang... now I can strike it off the list of foods I still need to try.... it was so good that I had to have seconds (spotting a trend?)

Trang needed to study, so Quynh and I went to the beach alone.... Taxi again.

Weather was great for about 10 minutes. Clouds rolled in, wind started blowing and the sky got dark even earlier than usual. Accidentally dropped Quynh's camera in the sand.. keep getting error messages. On the plus side, the lady at the restaurant we go to recognized us (me) and gave us a good deal.

Got back home and shut my eyes for about 3 minutes then we hit the road to get some food with her Cousins. The place we ate was beautiful.... on the river.... Got some kind of mollusk dip for everyone, 3 redbulls and some other stuff all for about $6.50... I expect these prices stateside for my return.

Went to Tom's practice... he's a hilarious dancer. During a break, a song started playing that  had these lines: "I'm a freak. Shake your booty, it's what I need. Shake your booty, it's so unique. Shake your booty, this freak's gotta eat....."  Went with the family to go get some steak.... you roll the slices in spinach and dip them in a sauce of salt, fresh chili peppers and lime juice... it was really good... Filled up fast.

I'm exhausted.



Pho for breakfast.... or any time
Mi Quang...really good

Hoi An in the morning
Excuse me.... you like to buy fruit?

just looks cool

great view on our way to eat

great view from our table

eat up

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good song... does Tom dance like Alan? I bet that song and his dancing would be a hilarious combo.
    Based on the diet you've kept this trip, I might suggest picking up the bike again instead of hailing a taxi... Kiddingggg.
    Love you! Can't wait for the revealing of your x-mas present Friday night. Going to be EPIC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Are you revealing it at 8pm our time or 8pm your time which would be Saturday morning? Don't want to be on the road and miss it.

    Love you more--Ma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang, man; those arms are looking huge! You seem like you're doing really well. All the pictures of food on this blog are killing me; it all looks freakin' good.

    ReplyDelete