Sunday, December 19, 2010

Quynh here

Eric was worn out after a long day, so I decided to add onto his post.

Its been another great day here in Hoi An. Woke up, had some yummy banh mi and went out to the beach. It was even better day than yesterday (weather wise) and Eric finally got a little bit of sun burn on his shoulders! We had fun making sand castles, and my cousin Trang and I tanned while Eric and Brandon played in the sand with Tom.... They both could barely keep up with him!

Had a delicious meal prepared by my aunt-in-law, and hung out there for a while before we went to see the town. 

Based on the lunar calendar, tonight was a special night. The streets were shut off to only pedestrians, the residents turned off all its lights, lit lanterns... and the town was literally glowing! It was soooo beautiful! Unfortunately, because of the lack of lighting out photos did not turn out as well as we'd hoped, and it was too dark to record, but I will include some more photos since my dad specifically requested some.

We took a boat ride on the river and released candle- lit lanterns as we went. Another breathtaking view of the town (definitely worth the risk of drowning).

Tomorrow will be interesting, going to visit my mom's eldest brother, and to see my Grandmother's grave. Thankfully, I will have my aunts to keep me company.

Hope ya'll enjoy the additional pictures! :)


Traditional Vietnamese instruments being played by candle light
Men playing checkers in town

pretty lit up house

lanterns to put into the river

I think at this point we were just trying to not fall out of the boat
Trying to put the lanterns into the water, but also holding onto Eric just in case I fell in

Even my aunt stopped by
cuties drinking their late night drink (does Tom ever stop eating?? Reminds me of someone else I know...)

No comments:

Post a Comment