Thursday, December 23, 2010

Don't let me down

Another full day....
Slept in until 9:30 today. Quynh's aunt came home with more Banh Mi (at our request) for breakfast, then
we headed to Da Nang.

I like Da Nang a lot. It's a pretty big city, but it's no Saigon.... it's just comfortable and clean. Took some pictures of cars in town for Mookie, the went and picked out some dresses for the twins. Quynh wasn't crazy about them, but I think they're pretty. We stopped to eat at a fancy restaurant that serves rice in a clay pot that they smash....  it was very good.

I tried to shut my eyes for a while when we got back... had to go to Quynh's relative's house warming party. Boy do they know how to warm a house. There were 7 or 8 packed tables on the main floor, and there was a catered 5 course meal. It was awesome.
Quynh's uncle busted out the guitar whenever he got sick of the menu and came to serenade me. I was really impressed with his knowledge of old rock music and christmas songs. I was most impressed by his rendition of Mel Gibson's favorite Beatles song, "Hey Jew"........ let it out and let it in

Went to watch Trang and Tom rehearse their Christmas show. It was awesome.... there must've been 350 people or more just to watch the practice. Hopefully going to their show tomorrow will help me miss the Holidays less.

Stopped by to see the twins on the way home and gave them their dresses (which Trang made boxes for from scratch)... They loved them.

Now It's midnight, so I'm going to bed.
Fancy Place in Da Nang

She's the only person that does a better impression of Quynh's Mom

Quynh's half-uncle's new house



Insert caption here
Just rip the box!!!!!
Cruisin' in her new dress....


6 comments:

  1. Haha. Only one post read, and I'm enjoying it already. Miss you, E and I hope you're having fun. Talk at ya soon.
    -Car Car

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey E...great talking to you on the phone this morning...we can't wait for the skype adventure on friday night. I know you're missin' the holidays over here despite the fun you're havin' there...but we'll celebrate upon your return. Tell quynh her photo blog was awesome...really enjoyed it. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't add anything to what's been said except, I love you more. --Ma

    ReplyDelete
  4. hay guys i dont see any tv dinners being served. food looks great. you will have to cook some of the meals up when you get home. the kids are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well its xmas eve and grandma was up to four in the morning cooking.now we find out rachel s water broke and that is five people who are not coming. next joe called and said the three of them are not going to show because gabrial is sick.then you guys woant be here. that makes ten no shows and grandma goes all out and makes more then we will ever eat.next year im going to take every one to cces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha... You're crazy Grandpa. I will eat enough for at least half of the people who will not be in attendance tonight. Miss you Eric! Can't wait to Skype tonight... I'm bringing my comp to G & G's. Hope you have a good Christmas, miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete